The character is listed simply as “Cora” in all official source material.
She is Derek Hale's younger sister and a werewolf. She survived the fire without Derek, Laura or Peter knowing that she did. In Riddled, it's revealed that she was in South America during her six year absence. She only returned to Beacon Hills after she heard of a powerful Alpha who was a member of The Hale Family.
Upon her return, however, Cora was taken captive by The Alpha Pack along with Erica and Boyd and starved of moonlight for three months which makes her lose control. After Derek discovers her, he takes her in and she helps in attempting to take down Deucalion.
After surviving being poisoned by a Darach and the Alphas are defeated, she and Derek leave Beacon Hills and he sends her back to South America for her own safety.
Cora was held prisoner in a bank vault lined with Hecatolite. When once again exposed to the power of the moon, she turned wild and was out of control and fights Derek and Scott McCall before escaping. (Read More...)
Cora attempts to attack Aiden in the locker room, but she is defeated. Cora's head injury from the fight does not heal and ends up in the hospital. (Read More...)
Cora is close to death. Derek tries to help her heal by taking her pain away which ultimately has him sacrifice his Alpha status to save her. (Read More...)
- “You don't have very good taste in guys, do you?” — Cora to Lydia about Aiden in Currents.
- “Derek would like to kindly ask you to stop seeing Aiden. Which means if I catch you with him again, I'm not going to pull the fire alarm. I'm going to pull your tongue out of your head.” — Cora threatening Lydia in Currents.
- “Well do you know any spirits?” — Cora to Lydia in Currents.
- “You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers running around thinking you can stop people from getting killed but all you do is show up late. All you really do is find the bodies.” — Cora to Lydia, Scott, and Stiles in The Girl Who Knew Too Much.
- “I don't know. There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him.” — Cora to Stiles about Derek in Visionary.
- “Derek, get out. Get out now!” — Cora to Derek in Chaos Rising.
- “I came back for this? I can't believe I got my ass thrown in a vault for three months for you. All those rumors I heard; a powerful new alpha, one of the Hales, building a pack. Do you know how long I've waited to hear something like that?! Do you have any idea how it felt to find out you were alive?!” — Cora to Derek in Unleashed.
- “Why do we need this kid?” — Cora about Scott to Derek, Boyd, and Peter in Frayed.
- “Uncle Peter who killed sister Laura.” — Cora to Peter about killing Laura in Frayed.
- “Well maybe we can do what normal people do and knock on the door.” — Cora to Peter in Frayed.
- “If you want to fight and die for something, that's fine with me, but do it for something meaningful.” — Cora to Derek in Lunar Ellipse.